Sunday 12 March 2017

Wicked

Watched Wicked last Friday night at The Theatre at Solaire in Parañaque City. For free. Yeah!


I almost missed the play for some time and economic reasons. Thank You, LORD, for the provision. I made it just fine. I wasn't able to take a lot of photos, though I wish I could, saved for two.

Wicked. Man it was wicked.

Carly Anderson played Glinda Upland. She was fun to watch. The range of voices she sang was very entertaining. Of course it is given that her voice is good. But how she showcased them was just amazing. I loved her performance.

Jacqueline Hughes played Elphaba Thropp. She's amazing! I was moved to tears in one or two of her solo singing acts, if that's how it's called.

The musical part of Wicked was awesome. I don't think I am in the position to speak anything about that.

There was one song - Defying Gravity - that was familiar to me. Since hearing it last Friday night, I've been wondering where I first heard it. I still don't know where. Anyway, hearing it sang by Elphaba was so poignant it just really put tears to my eyes. It still moves me to tears now as I listen to Hughes singing it (on YouTube).

Fiyero, played by Bradley Jaden, reminded me of those Disney princes singing. It was fun and enchanting in its own way.

I would love to watch Wicked again. It'd be nice to do so in another country, whether with the same actors or not. I just want to have a different experience with something similar. That'd be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment