Saturday 18 March 2017

Reset

Finally finished watching RESET. It's another K-Drama featuring Kim So-Hyun. I'm loving this actress more. I love her projects though I've only watched a few (and I should write a separate blog entry about her and her other projects).

Reset was a 2014 suspense drama, which has become my second favourite in this genre after The Innocent Man. I think I prefer Reset better though The Innocent Man showcased the complexity of humans more.

Chun Jung-Myung plays the character of Seoul Prosecutor Cha Woo-Jin who has induced memory loss about certain events in his life 7 years ago. I don't where to categorize such between suppression and repression. It's not the former because what Prosecutor Cha did was totally hide certain time and events, requiring hypnotism to retrieve them, neither it was the latter because what he did was not unconscious. Interesting. 

Speaking of interesting, Cha Woo-Jin and 17-year old Jo Eun-Bi (Kim So-Hyun) became connected because of the past. Cha encountered Eun-Bi by accident but eventually got involved with her because of an accusation against the latter. Turned out they had more connections and it's not romantic. 

But there was some kind of something which I don't know where to attribute with. I guess I'll just watch more of Chun and Kim's projects.

Episode 10, which was the last one, is my favourite in this drama for two particular reasons. One, even though it was the last episode and would conclude things it didn't come easily. There were like plenty of mishaps and intervention from Murphy's Law. I think it was presented as real as possible. I liked it. Second, the end theme was so beautiful. I must look for that song. 

Now Playing: Susie Suh - You and I

No comments:

Post a Comment