Friday 10 February 2017

The Innocent Man (2012)

The Innocent Man is the second project of Song Joong-ki, who's playing the lead role Kang Ma-Ru, that I've watched. I immediately thought that his character here is my favourite role that he played, so far. Just because there had been a whole lot of emotions and situations that Kang Ma-Ru went through. I've also watched another SJK project after this but this remains my favourite project, objectively speaking.


This 2012 drama is not something that gives a heart-warming feel the way a tea does but it's thought provoking that I love it. The Innocent Man shows how human nature is not one-sided. People can be and have more than one character or face yet it's the same person. I saw this in more than one characters here.

I personally feel bad for Han Jae-Hee (Park Si-Yeon). She genuinely cares for her partner's daughter Seo Eun-Gi (Moon Chae-Won) but every time and no matter how she shows concerns, it's mistaken for hypocrisy by the Eun-Gi. Such reaction from a stepdaughter is of course understandable, especially as Jae-Hee came into the picture when Eun-Gi was already an adult.

Seo Eun-Gi's character is also a complex one but not necessarily difficult to understand. I like how her history provides a solid background and platform leading to her personality. It's sad at the same time because we found out after the vehicular accident how gentle she could be. Her life experiences even at a young age hardened her heart. Her character is the second most thought provoking that I found.


The first or most thought provoking character for me is Kang Ma-Ru. What he did that led to his imprisonment was illogical but something one could dismiss because he's got reasons we'll just have to respect. He also claimed to have similarities with Eun-Gi. Such didn't appear at the same time though but it's there. Perhaps I should check their MBTIs.

It's because of these complex characters that Kang Ma-Ru, Seo Eun-Gi, and Han Jae-Hee have that made me like The Innocent Man. These three were real humans through and through.

I like how The Innocent Man ended. I find justification in everything that happened. I also like how things turned out well. It's possible. It's realistic.

Now Playing: Do As Infinity - Desire

No comments:

Post a Comment