Monday 19 December 2016

My Love From The Star

As mentioned on my Kim Soo-hyun entry, I watched My Love From The Star because of Jun Ji-hyun, who played the female lead in this drama. Again, it's because I couldn't get enough of her from Legend of the Blue Sea.

It was pretty hilarious in a sense of being both pretty and hilarious. I like how Cheon Song-yi (Jun Ji-hyun) grew in character. First perceived as stupid but only because she's not aware of some things people thought to be a common knowledge, though they have a point. There's some complexity in her character, which is nothing new to an INTP like me. It's given that people are not the same with everyone. I also like how they showed her family's story so it gave a solid background on how she came to be.

Cheon Song-yi in one word is crazy, I dare say. But I love her craziness though it could be dangerous when she's drunk. There's one thing I could hardly stand though, which is not isolated to her character. It's the "cutesy girlfriend" thing. I think it was only funny because Jun Ji-hyun played the character.

There's also one thing that changed the way I see people desperate to win someone else's love. I think I like how Cheon Song-yi did it. She fought for her love but to clarify things. I think that was one reasonable move.

Do Min-joon, played by Kim Soo-hyun, was also a character I found to be complex and yet have grown like Cheon Song-yi did over the course of their story. I understand his confusion but something seemed amiss. But hey, perhaps there really are people like that though he's an alien. I think Do Min-joon also got me curious about Kim Soo-hyun. Yeah, because it's the first KSH project I've watched.

Like a typical Korean drama, there's always that usual common scene among them. Wrist grabbing, pulling, and the unannounced kiss. Speaking of kiss, it's interesting how they made this a particular "issue" to someone.

I also like that My Love from the Star showed a relevant side story that held a lot of events in the lives of both protagonists, Cheon Song-yi and Do Min-joon. The other characters were not very outstanding except for the brows of Lee Hwi-kyung (Park Hae-jin), at least for me.

Well, when I saw Yoo Se-mi (Yoo In-na) get off her van, I thought she was a teenager. Good heavens, she's older than me! Anyway, I think her character had a solid foundation but I wouldn't want to have a "friend" like her. I will always prefer someone like Cheon Song-yi because she's honest.

By the way, there's one thing that has been bothering me though. The balcony. Putting the building's structure and interior, I could hardly figure out how Cheon Song-yi's balcony comes before Do Min-joon's when seen on the right side. If you reached their floor, Do Min-joon's unit comes before Cheon Song-yi's, unless their balconies were positioned behind the lift but if you enter their respective units, the balconies should be positioned differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment