Friday 3 April 2020

Mr. Pride and Miss Prejudice

Mr. Pride and Miss Prejudice was a 2017 Chinese Movie starring Dilraba Dilmurat, Zhang Yunlong (Leon Zhang), and Vengo Gao.

Dilireba was the main reason I watched this film and it did not disappoint. I'm actually impressed with her acting. This film got Dilireba bagging the Best Newcomer at the 1st China Britain Film Festival. Also, I didn't know Vengo Gao was in this film until I saw his character Xian Jian Jun, the BFF of the male protagonist Zhu Hou. Imagine my kilig when I saw him. Haha.

I've seen both Dilireba and Vengo Gao in Eternal Dream, and I am so looking forward to watch Eternal Love of Dream. I've also seen Gao in Legend of Fuyao so it was a breath of fresh air to see him in a contemporary production. I'm not saying I'm tired of seeing him in historical works, it's nice to see him being casual plus his character in this movie wasn't too serious.

The characters, the acting, and the visual effects were all good. They all appealed to me and gave me another reason to respect Chinese film industry, without prejudice. I'm glad I decided to watch this soon.

I think Mr. Pride and Miss Prejudice has that typical plot of poor girl meets rich boy, but with a twist. It may or may not be a spoiler... the thing is, rich boy - Zhu Hou - had no use of his family's wealth. He actually had to depend on poor girl - Tang Nannan. There was nothing in this film that got Tang Nannan depending on Zhu Hou.

For people like me who don't like cringy cheesy lines and scenes, Mr. Pride and Miss Prejudice is a good romantic-comedy film to watch. You get a dose of the genre without the unnecessary feels. It's  tone is light-hearted but also touches some serious notes while keeping the balance. It'd be nice to watch other films that give the same vibe.

Now Playing: Utada Hikaru - Keep Tryin'

No comments:

Post a Comment