Friday 28 July 2017

Too much Rosenberg?

I realized I didn't make it on time to repost a lot of blog entries before my apparently favourite blogsite - blog.com - went down. I particularly feel bad that I wasn't able to repost entries about The Copper Scroll and Dead Heat, the last two books in the The Last Jihad series by Joel C. Rosenberg. Or maybe I haven't really written anything about these two books. Then I'd have to wait until I read them again, because I already finished reading The Ezekiel Option a second time last July 19, Wednesday.

I've grown fond of Rosenberg's novels as well as a lot of characters in his works. Obviously, I already finished the Jihad series. I've also read The Twelfth Imam and yet to read the next two sequels. 

Then there's the J.B. Collins novels - The Third Target and The First Hostage - which I've just recently started. I'll just take a short break but I will soon buy a copy of Without Warning.

The last scenes from The Third Target were so compelling that I kind of vowed to look for and get a hold of The First Hostage. I literally went to a lot of BookSale branches, mostly in Makati, looking for it but I found one in SM Megamall. Very thankful, because my search had finally come to an end and because I couldn't remember other BookSale branch anymore.

Much to my surprise, I was able to finish reading The First Hostage - all 430 pages - within 24 hours, complete with sleep and all forms of break from reading. It's the first since forever.

Novels are not the only books Mr. Rosenberg write. He's also written non-fictions, two of which I have - Epicenter and Inside the Revolution, which I am yet to finish reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment