Wednesday 29 March 2017

Dream High

Image result for Dream High

I'm not sure if it was because of the longing for IU, Ok Taec-Yeon, or Kim Soo-Hyun project that I finally watched DREAM HIGH. But I am sure I am led to this high school slice of life musical drama because of these three actors.

Dream High was unexpectedly fun and curiosity-igniting K-Drama. I like the dance routines. My favourite performances, in no particular order, were the dance mob in tune of the main OST Dream High, the dance showdown in Japan, and the street dance for Jin-guk/Hyun Shi-hyuk's (Taecyeon) friend. 

Seeing Taecyeon and Kim Soo-Hyun, who was playing the country bumpkin Som Sam-Dong, was just sooooo cute! I'm gonna look for that clip on YouTube. I also like the awful dance moves the unconditional admitted students plus Jason (WooYoung) made when they were starting to make their bird-inspired dance assignment.

My favourite characters in Dream High would be Prof. Yang (JYP/Park Jin-Young) and Ko Hye-Sung (Ahn Seo-Hyun), Ko Hye-Mi's (Bae Suzy) younger sister. There's just something comically refreshing with Prof. Kang's character while Ko Hye-Sung was amusingly witty. Makes me wonder though if they let children her age in Korea talk like that.

Taecyeon is my favourite Korean dancer (and rapper, I dare say) while Kim Soo-Hyun is one of my favourite Korean actors, thus watching Dream High made me realize that I am capable of having a bias. Even so, my favourite couple in this drama was Jason and Kim Pil-Suk (IU). They're just soooo cute together. I love their relationship. Ate Micah, who was the main reason I got to know 2PM, called them the "Milky Couple." I haven't asked and I still don't know why.


I was playing my Groove Playlist in shuffle a couple of days ago. When it hit 'Heartbeat' I just had to pause for a moment though I was doing something and remember with fondness Jason and Kim Pil-Suk. 😘😘

Btw, it took me 7 episodes to realize that Jason and Jin-guk/Hyun Shi-hyuk are groupmates in real life. And it was during a break before I was to watch episode 8. In Jason's karaoke session with Pil-Suk, one of the songs they sang was 'Heartbeat,' thus its effect on me whenever I hear it. I think that scene had an impact on me because remembering that led to the WooYoung realization.

Now Playing: Dream High 

No comments:

Post a Comment