Monday 31 October 2016

How Vikarious!

When I first read of Vikarious Productions, as in just these two words, I thought of an adjective which I'm not quite sure of. "Vikarious" feels like an adjective to me. Something bold or daring but not in a physical way but more of daring in a sense that it's like about to challenge the norms. I guess it will be like that.

So when I read the basics and more (Women and HollywoodThe Guardian, and Deadline), I got more convinced that I'd be expecting this daring challenge to the cut-throat industry.

Vikarious Productions is a brainchild of Alicia Vikander, who, like Matt Damon and a few actors I admire, is usually a sold deal to me. She's like an offer I couldn't refuse so knowing that she's embarked on having her own productions company makes her more admirable.


I first knew of Alicia Vikander on The Man from UNCLE. Unfortunately, I failed to write about that film. I loved it but things got in the way. Anyway, it was like, "I'm rooting for this woman!" even if I've never seen her before. She was even only driving a car when I thought of that, but the feeling started when I saw her working on those cars. 

I guess everyone was right. There's something special about Vikander.


No comments:

Post a Comment