Tuesday 26 April 2016

Criminal

I've always looked forward to watching Criminal after I saw its trailer shown on the 'commercials' prior to Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. It was Kevin Costner. I kind of grew up being familiar with him though I could hardly remember his old films except for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Then there's Gal Gadot too.

R-13. It was the rating given by MTRCB to Criminal which I dare say was kind of not enough. There were brutal scenes. Violence is given, but there were brutal scenes that just shook me off almost to the core.

However, there were also poignant scenes that also touched me to the core. Such were good ones. 

There was a conversation between Jillian Pope (Gadot) and Jerico Stewart (Costner) where the former asked about something. Stewart's answer of course moved Jill, for which she responded, "This is too much." I don't know if Gadot said the line or reacted perfectly but I'd like to give more credit to the writer. I think it's one of the times when I shed tears while watching the film. A suspense/thriller sci-fi film, if I may remind. It was just poignant.

Am currently listening to Bon Jovi songs and right now "Always" is playing, which just fits into the story of the film.

Director: Ariel Vromen
Writers: Douglas Cook and David Weisberg
Starring:
Kevin Costner
Gary Oldman
Tommy Lee Jones
Alice Eve
Ryan Reynolds
Gal Gadot

No comments:

Post a Comment