Wednesday 21 June 2017

Heir to Parents’ Profession

Posted: 24 August 2013

-------------------------------------


I’m currently watching episode 9 of Freeter, Ie o Kau and there’s a scene when a wife asked her husband if he’d like their little son Tomoya to become a doctor. The husband said he’d be happy if Tomoyo becomes a doctor too. They’re a family of doctor. However, the husband added that he doesn’t have the time to guide their son to such path. I think Tomoya is only 7 or 8 years old. His grandmother had been persistent to train and lead Tomoya towards the path of being a doctor. It’s annoying.

With Tomoya’s father’s answer, I thought, “How annoying!” Like seriously. Tomoya is just a child.

I was about to complain about the mentality of passing a parent’s profession to a child or children when I thought, “How about me? Am I thinking the same for my future children?” The answer I found was NO. I can’t remember thinking that way, but I do remember dreaming of guiding my future child, if I ever get to have one, to his passion and gift. If he wants to be in the field of arts, fine. If he wants to be a professional, good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment