Sunday 14 August 2016

Jason Bourne

Imagine my excitement when I found out that Paul Greengrass was directing a Jason Bourne movie. That only means one thing. Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne. Interesting enough. The latest movie title of the franchise was simply Jason Bourne.

That was a kilig-overload for me. JASON BOURNE! Double that when it was confirmed that Julia Stiles was also coming back. And there's Alicia Vikander. Three of my favourite actors in one film. It was a total win-win for me.

I've been actually considering watching it again. Like seriously. Perhaps I really should.

Anyway, came July 29 when I was free to watch one of my favourite franchises. As usual, I watched it alone. Because I always, or at least more than often, watch movies alone and because that's what I do whenever the film I'm going to watch is something I've been looking forward to, and because I wasn't so sure how I'd react seeing Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, and Alicia Vikander on screen again.

I imagined myself to be so kilig. That's a private moment, which I would only share with someone particularly special. There's no one as such. By the way, I did the same when I watched The Bourne Ultimatum back in college. I was in SM Megamall.


And I was right. I got kilig. So kilig. Because. Matt Damon. Jason Bourne. Julia Stiles. Nicky Parsons. Alicia Vikander. Heather Lee. But why Lee? I'm intrigued with Alicia's character's last name. I'm intrigued with her character.

When Jason Bourne was coming to an end, say on the fourth quarter of the film, I had this idea or thought which I hope would come to pass. It'll be like Cameron Pryce. Yeah, I love Robert Ludlum. It's one of those moments when I wish I was filthy rich or at least a producer. I would definitely produce "Jason Bourne Returns" as well as the sequel to The Bourne Legacy.

I've read somewhere that Matt Damon only had limited lines in the movie. Regardless, I'd say the film was able to tell the story, to give justice to the movie title. As for the fight scenes, I'd say those in this film were not enough for me. I miss those in Identity and Supremacy. The drive scenes in Vegas though, I'd say, seemed to have tried to catch up with the 'features' of today's Hollywood films but still being true to its Bourne foundations. It even gave me a sense of nostalgia, as if I was brought back to at least nine years ago. It was like the story of Bourne's life was coming back to me.

It's really nice to have a lot of your favourite things rolled into one. I've already mentioned the three actors I love. Add to them the story itself, created by my top favourite author Robert Ludlum.

How I wish The Matarese Circle project would be reconsidered. Never mind if we don't have the original casts. Let's have someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment