Sunday 26 June 2016

Susie Suh

I've known Susie Suh through The Blacklist as her song "Here With Me" was one of the TV series' soundtrack, during season-1 episode-13 (Wujing) in particular. I fell in love with that song. And I'm loving it more each time I listen to it.

For days now, like since last week, I've been listening to her songs, which are as lovely and poignant as "Here With Me" and I dare say that some even speak of what I really feel inside. It's like Susie Suh hit my thoughts bull's eye. Well, there are only a handful of songs that speak for me while some songs only have lines that speak of what I feel.

As much as I am loving Susie Suh and her songs, there's one particular thing that annoys me because her songs always make me think of two things in particular: the Keens, meaning the relationship of Tom and Elizabeth, and the other being... I'll be keeping that to myself.

More so, Susie Suh's songs make me want to sing her songs to someone. Like I said, her songs are lovely and poignant, not to mention having the ability to transport one from one place to another. Fairy tale like.

Susie Suh's music reminds me of jazz and something else that I had to do some research. Turned out, there's a music genre called Adult Alternative/Adult Album Alternative or AAA. Sounds like a battery. But it's interesting. My research brought and caused me to listen to other artists.

It's nice to have my knowledge in music growing. And it all started with The Blacklist. Can't wait for season 4.

Now Playing: Sarah McLachlan - River

No comments:

Post a Comment